• Applying online. You can apply online for social security benefits in some cases. Depending on why you are getting benefits, you may be allowed to complete your application online, or you may be able to start it and finish it in person. If you wish to apply online, go to ssa.gov/applyonline. The system is available all seven days of the weeks. Monday through Friday it is available from 5 a.m. EST to 1 a.m. EST. On Saturdays, it is available from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m., and on Sundays, it is available from 8 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
• Applying via phone. In some cases, you may be able to start your application over the phone. You can call the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213. The hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m to 7 p.m ET. If you do call outside of these hours, you will be given helpful information on how to apply, services, and more.
• Applying in person. You can apply in person at your local social security office. Their hours should be posted, or you can call them to find out their hours as well as find out information about their application process.
Applying at Locations in your Area
- Disability Offices in Lawrence Kansas
- Disability Offices in Phoenix Arizona
- Disability Offices in El Dorado Arkansas
- Social Security Offices in Laramie Wyoming
Social Security Offices in Richmond Virginia
- Social Security Offices in Dallas Texas
- Social Security Offices near Seattle Washington
- Social Security Offices near Portland Oregon
- Social Security Offices near Los Angeles
As you have probably heard, it is not always easy to get social security benefits, especially disability benefits. You will have to through a rigorous process which will deal with the paperwork, doctor’s visits, and more. If you get overwhelmed, or you need help in applying for social security benefits, you can find out more information on the process online, or you can consider hiring an attorney. An experienced attorney will be able to walk you through the process, and help get your case approved.
Take your time to gather all the information on why you are applying for social security benefits. This will include income information, medical records and more. Click here to find out more about applying for social security benefits.