ANHEUSER-BUSCH, AUDI, AXE APOLLO MAKE THE TOP 10
Don't give a hoot who wins the Super Bowl, but still like the ads? Can't blame you, considering they cost $3.8 million per 30 seconds. SPOILER ALERT: The Daily News rounds up 10 of its favorites, including:
Anheuser-Busch: "Brotherhood." A man raises a horse, loves the horse, loses the horse. Three years later, turns out the horse still loves him.
Audi: "Prom." Boy without a date takes his dad's Audi to the prom, which gives him the mojo to kiss a girl on the dance floor. Only problem: She's on a date with a now-angry guy.
AXE Apollo: "Lifeguard." A girl nearly eaten by a shark is saved by a bo-hunk lifeguard. They share a lusty look, until she spots ... an astronaut.
Coke: "Chase." An Arab with a camel, a bus full of showgirls, and horse-riding cowboys are among those racing across the desert for a giant Coke can. Looks like Lawrence of Arabia meets Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert meets a Clint Eastwood movie.
Doritos: "Doritos Girl Unveils 'Crash the Super Bowl' Finalists." Doritos rep Ali Landry reveals the top home-made Doritos ads by consumers. The winner will get to work with Michael Bay on the next Transformers movie and could win $1 million.
6. E*Trade is back with its wisecracking baby, because, uh, who doesn’t love a talking baby?
7. VW, which stole the show in 2011 with its Darth-Vader-themed commercial, is offering a spot this year that features recent YouTube sensations, who all garnered clicks for their online meltdowns. In the ad, the once-angry or sad YouTube folks are happy and dance around — because of a Volkswagen.
8. Go Daddy serves up comedy from supermodel Bar Refaeli and NASCAR star Danica Patrick. Vrooom!
9. Kia goes for the weird with an ad called “Space Babies,” described by the company as “an epic tale” that reveals the existence of a faraway planet known as “Babylandia” and follows infant boys, girls, dogs, pandas and more on their journey to Earth to join their new families.
10. Swimsuit model Kate Upton helps Mercedes sell its new luxury compact for just $29,000.