An Akron firefighter fell through a floor while trying to put out a fire at a home on the 200 block of Kryder Avenue early Monday morning.
The firefighter was not hurt and went right back to work after falling into a hole. Akron Fire Capt. Mike Hausch says the firefighter could not see the hole because of the thick smoke.
Hausch says he got lucky.
"He could have gone all the way to the basement," he said. "But he just got wedged about chest high."
The fire was called in around 12:30 Monday morning. Hausch blamed the fire on an electrical short. No one was at home when the fire started.