An elderly man was trapped in a Stark County house fire last night, but was rescued by firefighters.
The fire happened at before 11 PM Saturday night on Erie Avenue NW in Lawrence Township.
Firefighters arrived to see flames and smoke pouring out of the home, and found a man trapped on the second floor.
He was rescued and taken to a local hospital, where he was treated and released.
Fire officials tells AkronNewsNow that the fire started in electrical wiring in the basement of the home, and spread to the second floor, roof and attic.
The home is considered a total loss.