A nearly month long closure on 277 East will impact drivers starting early Monday morning.
The Ohio Department of Transportation has closed I-277 East from the Kenmore Leg to I-77 for 28 days for resurfacing.
Drivers can get around the closure using I-76 (Kenmore Leg) to I-76 east/ I-77 south to I-77 south to I-277 west.
This work is part of $13.2 million project to resurface I-277, I-76 and US 224 along with various bridge work to 18 structures. The entire project is scheduled for completion in August 2013.
The following ramp closures will also occur once I-277 closes. These closures will be in place for 28 days:
2. East Ave. ramp to I-76 east/I-77 south will be closed for 32 days. Detours will be posted.
3. I-77 south to I-76 west (Kenmore Leg). The detour is I-76 east to I-77 south to I-277 west.
4. I-277 west to I-76 east (Kenmore Leg). The detour is I-76/US 224 west to SR 21 north.
5. 76 west (Kenmore Leg) to I-277 east. The detour is I-76/US 224 west to SR 21 north.
6. The entrance ramp from SR 619/Wooster Rd. to I-76/US 224 east. The detour is Kenmore Blvd. east.
7. The entrance ramp from Grant Street to I-76 east/I-77 south. The detour is Grant St. north to Thornton St. west to Main St. south.
- Entrance ramp from 22nd Street to I-76 west.
- The entrance ramp from SR 93/Manchester Rd. to I-277 east. The detour is Waterloo Rd. east.
- The entrance ramp from South Main St. to I-277 east. The detour is Waterloo Rd. east.
Click here for the latest construction updates.