The Akron Marathon will cause a host of road closures Friday and Saturday so runners have a clear path to run the race.
The closures start Friday evening with several in the Downtown area:
- S. Broadway between E. Bowery and University
- S. Main St. between W. Exchange and State St.
- Buchtel Ave. between High and S. Main St.
- Maiden Ln. between State and Exchange
- Spring St. between S. High St. and Maiden Lane
Saturday, many roads will be closed as the race passes along them. The closures are staggered so roads will close before competitors arrive at the location, then reopen shortly after all have passed.
Drivers who use the ramps from Interstate 76/Interstate 77 to Main St. will need to find alternate routes, as those ramps will be closed from 5:00-8:30 a.m. Saturday eastbound and 6:00-8:30 a.m. westbound. The exit from I-76 westbound to Broaday will remain open.
Click Here for a full list of closures from the Akron Marathon's website.