A downed power line caused a sewer fire in Akron Monday afternoon.
The Akron Fire Department responded to a call about a downed wire burning a tree in the 1200 block of South Arlington Street just before 1 p.m.
Fire officials said an electrical spark caused a broken gas line to catch fire.
Akron police blocked of the road and evacuated several nearby businesses.
The power line was knocked down by heavy winds, according to fire officials.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright © 2013 AkronNewsNow & Rubber City Radio Group |All Rights Reserved | 1795 West Market Street | Akron, OH 44313 | 330.869.9800