Friday, March 7, 2013
The 66th day of 2013 with 299 days remaining.
Today is ... Weird Al's Favorite Day
It was in 1994 when the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that parodies poking fun at an original work can be considered "fair use" and do not require permission from the copyright holder. One of the best traffickers in parady songs id Cleveland's own Weird Al Yankovich.
Today in Music
Top of the Charts!
This and That
A survey on liars found that men lie 3 times more often than women. Men tell three lies a day while women tell one. Who do we lie to most? Men and women agree -- we lie to our boss.
Top five lies told by men:
- Yes, I’ve done it- 45%
- Sorry, I had no signal (cellphone)- 41%
- I’m on my way- 39%
- I didn’t see you’d called/texted- 35%
- I don’t look at other women- 30%
- I'm fine- 27%
- I’m on my way- 26%
- It was on sale- 24%
- You look really nice- 19%
- Sorry, I had no signal- 16%
Speaking of Deception
10 secrets men keep from women (yeah, that;s one of them) Here is the list
Nearly 4 in 10 women have either decreased or totally stopped using social networks during the past month. Translation: Logging out of Facebook! Major reason: "Just lost interest."
And Face Remake
If the rumors are true, the King of All Media might be set to take the one media that has elluded (America's Got Talent not withstanding). Word is the Morning Mouth could end up being the late night prince. According to The New York Post, the answer is Howard Stern. The newspaper says that NBC is "grooming" the shock jock andAmerica's Got Talent judge to take over Late Night.Get the story here.
Rhoda ready to exit laughing. Valerie Harper reveals that he has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of brain cancer.
AMERICAN IDOL (8p ET, FOX) -- In this extended 90-minute edition, the finalists will be revealed.
THE BIG BANG THEORY (8p ET, CBS) -- New
SHARK TANK (8p ET, ABC) -- Everything on ABC is repeats. Zero Hour has been cancelled.
COMMUNITY (8p ET, NBC) -- James Brolin guest stars in this new episode.
TWO AND A HALF MEN (8:30p ET, CBS) -- New
PARKS AND RECREATION (8:30p ET, NBC) -- Repeat
PERSON OF INTEREST (9p ET, CBS) -- Dan Lauria (The Wonder Years) and Luke MacFarlane (Brothers & Sisters) guest star in this new episode.
THE OFFICE (9p ET, NBC) -- Repeat
PROJECT RUNWAY (9p ET, Lifetime) -- The designers must create fashion-forward prom wear out of duct tape in this new edition.
GLEE (9:30p ET, FOX) -- Tonight’s new episode will feature the show’s 500th musical performance.
1600 PENN (9:30p ET, NBC) -- Tim Bagley (This is 40) guest stars in this new epsilon.
LAW & ORDER: SVU (10p ET, NBC) -- Repeat
ELEMENTARY (10p ET, CBS) -- Repeat
Big Screen - Iron Man 3
• TV weather personality Willard Scott is 79
• Daniel J. Travanti (Captain Frank Furillo in Hill Street Blues) is 73
• John Heard is (the dad in Home Alone, CSI: Miami) 68
• Peter Wolf of The J. Geils Band is 67
• Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad, Malcolm In The Middle) is 57
• Comedian Wanda Sykes is 49
• Rachel Weisz (Oz the Great and Powerful, The Brothers Bloom, The Mummy) is 43
• Peter Sarsgaard (Green Lanter, An Education, married to Maggie Gyllenhaal) is 42
• Jenna Fischer (The Office, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, Solitary Man) is 39
• Laura Prepon (That '70s Show) is 33